For those who love adventure sports, Stand up paddle boarding is now the hobby. Kayaking and canoeing are excellent, but for those who like to enjoy the scenery while surfing, this sport is ideal. No wonder SUP is ready to take on the adventure sports arena in the United States. Adopting the sport has several advantages. Some of them include:
- You can burn calories easily: it’s a great way to burn calories. Although the results vary depending on the terrain chosen, on average, a person involved in recreational rowing can burn up to 225 calories. Women can burn 500 to 700 calories per hour, while men can expect 700 to 1,000 calories per hour. It is known to strengthen the abs, legs and muscles at the back of the shoulder. In fact, you can even do yoga on a rowing table. With little practice, complex yoga poses can be done on the paddleboard.
- Helps you focus: The best thing about SUP is that it requires focus and focus. When riding a paddle board, you have to lock everything to achieve this balance and rhythm.
- A great way to explore the area around you: unlike other water sports activities, you don’t need waves and you can paddle in flat water. In addition to the ocean, people often embark on rivers, lakes, bays and mangroves to appreciate the flora and fauna that surround them. In fact, paddleboarding is a popular tourist activity in the main tourist spots. Popular tourist spots like Kilda Beach, the Yarra River, Sorrento Beach and Hawaii Beaches are famous for paddleboarding. You can navigate Sea creatures and other forms of marine life easily with a board. You can also navigate shallow areas with a paddle board.
- It’s fun filled and exciting! Is there a better way to relax and unwind than with a paddle board?
- Easy to learn: learning to ride is easy. All you have to do is make sure the basic equipment is in place. Your board, paddle, appropriate equipment and some sun protection. You can start using windsurfing board, but it won’t work well. You can find information to get started online. Paddle boarding can be exhausting, but certainly not technically difficult. So everyone can do it and see the benefits.
There are tons of other benefits, but ensure to start paddle boarding the next time you visit the beach.