After you have written the business plan, now follow the practical steps of starting a business. The point is to register the company correctly at all relevant locations and to prepare for the start of the business. This includes, for example, questions about employees, trademark protection, insurance and much more because the most important questions when starting up are not always related to the registration and the administrative procedures. Here we summarize all steps on the way to self-employment short and understandable, so that you can set up your business quickly and easily.
In order for you to start up properly and efficiently, we have continued to develop an online solution for you with the entrepreneurial hero, which assembles your individual start- up steps and provides you with all relevant forms and templates free of charge. With the Reserve Study you can calculate your capital funding and work accordingly.
Before you start: Do not forget planning
Before you start the authorities marathon, there are a few things to keep in mind that will gladly be forgotten: location, appearance, employees or even the first business equipment. Plan the successful start of the company in great detail before starting your business.
- Location for starting a business: Whether office, shop or restaurant for starting a business: you make the right choice.
- Here you will find our guide to the office.
- Corporate Identity: The right outward appearance for starting a business: design , communication , pricing , invoices , contracts and general terms and conditions
- Employees, when starting a business: Selecting employees and signing up: this is what you need to look out for when starting your business
- Business equipment for starting a business: office furniture, company cars, hardware and software as well as leasing for starting a business
- If you are not ready to start your business yet, take a look at our Business Start-Up Planning Guide.
- Practical steps of starting a business
- Before you can start your business, there are a few more practical steps to take after (hopefully) planning your business.
- Obtain permits and if necessary, business license
- Formal foundation: tax office, business registration and much more.
Obtain approval and permission
Depending on what you want to be self-employed with, you may need to have permits and approvals or have to prove certain start-up qualifications. There are various authorities such as the building or health department to contact. A certificate examination or information at the IHK may also be required to start a business.
You can read more about this in the Approvals section. In each federal state, there is a single point of contact who will assist you with formalities when setting up your company. If you would like more basic information on this topic before starting your business, you need to check.
In which area do you want to start a business?
For individual areas, we have compiled extensive guidelines for successfully founding your company. In addition, we offer free checklists for download. Just click on the area in which you want to start.
Formally form the company
Depending on the type of company you choose, a shareholder agreement and the transition to a notary are mandatory. Since the company form is relevant to many issues (such as taxation), you should first inform yourself well and check whether you have really chosen the right company for your project.