Selling your gold jewelry shouldn’t be a hassle. When you set out to get cash for gold, there are a few things to remember to ensure the best deal. Consider these seven tips before you set out to sell.
The Best Ways to Get Cash for Gold
- Be Realistic: Most gold jewelry isn’t going to make you rich. You’re getting paid for the weight of the gold, but the buyer still has expenses they have to consider on their end, and that comes out of your pay.
- Be Careful: Be sure to watch out for any potential scams and document everything, especially if you’re shipping your jewelry off to someone.
- Shop Around: Don’t just take the first offer you receive. Be sure to price compare and see how much different buyers will offer.
- Reputation Matters: It’s also important to make sure you’re selling to a reputable buyer. You can check the Better Business Bureau or jewelry trade associations for more info on the buyer.
- Know Your Gold: It’s important to both know the current price of gold and to know what kind of gold you have. Gold is often made from gold plus other alloys, and you’ll only get cash for gold that’s actually gold.
- Get Appraised: Having a professional assess your jewelry can provide extra knowledge about the item and give your insight into how to best sell it.
- Choose Wisely: Rushing into selling a piece of jewelry can be a mistake. Make sure it’s not something of sentimental value. Instead, look for items that no longer have any use such as broken or unpaired jewelry pieces.
Using these tips will help you get the most out of your experience with selling your gold jewelry.